Community Forums
Page
of 2

The Origin 600

10 replies
Director
LEVEL 7
So CIG is selling the Origin 600 at Gamescom on Friday. We don't really know what it looks like but we know it's being pitched as a long range luxury multi crew ship competing with the connie. I'm personally very excited for it and looking to pick one up. The prices are $400 for variant 1 and $435 for variant 2. We don't know the variants at this point. Any of you also excited for the 600?
0CcBzbU.jpg
Posted Aug 22, 17 · OP · Last edited Sep 3, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[OO] Starlight TRANSIT
Ops Officer
LEVEL 5
YEP i AM GOING TO BUY ONE TOO. CANT WAIT
Posted Aug 22, 17
Contractor
LEVEL 8
Considering melting my Phoenix for it
Former IGAIR OO of Security.
Posted Aug 22, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Contractor
LEVEL 2
I picked up a two-pack. Still unclear how many passengers each will be able to accommodate. Hoping to transport fancy folk and their stuff for premium prices. Q&A on Thursday, I upvoted the questions that came closest to addressing these concerns but most folks seem more concerned about aspects relative to the Carrack or Aquila. Sure is pretty though!
Attached Images
Posted Aug 29, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Technician
LEVEL 4
I picked up a two-pack. Still unclear how many passengers each will be able to accommodate. Hoping to transport fancy folk and their stuff for premium prices. Q&A on Thursday, I upvoted the questions that came closest to addressing these concerns but most folks seem more concerned about aspects relative to the Carrack or Aquila. Sure is pretty though!

How do you feel now after the Q&A? Do you really think they meant it when they said that this wasn't for commercial use? I would hope you can still transport VIPs... but they sure made it sound like that was not the point of this ship. That was VERY disappointing to me. I was actually really wanting one until I read that.
Posted Sep 1, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Chief Pilot
LEVEL 4
First off I think the 600 is one of, if not the best looking ship I own and the cockpit and viewport views are amazing according to the concept art. I have always dismissed criticism of ship concepts before because each ship is unique, and they aren't meant to be able to do everything... but after the Q&A I'm seriously underwhelmed. I still own it and have no plans to get rid of it, she's a real thing of beauty... but it doesn't sound like it's going to be as fun to fly as I first thought. I'm glad I got the explorer variant, and I'm hopeful that CIG will listen to backer critique and tweak it a bit. I'm sad the the ship is less maneuverable than a Connie, that's going to make it very cumbersome to fly for such a luxurious ship. I was hoping for it to be at least as agile as a Constellation, and slightly faster, but with twice the mass because of the special material in the hull and to justify the weaker armament than the Phoenix, it's direct competitor. That and I wished the Touring module had a small stateroom so VIP transport was viable. Perhaps it'll be a good "day cruise" ship taking people sightseeing or system hopping... just hope they don't have to jump ship
Posted Sep 3, 17 · Last edited Sep 3, 17
Technician
LEVEL 4
The numbers that I've seen for the "items 2.0" Connie are only slightly lighter then the 600i. The website is obviously wrong. Someone posted that the Connie will likely be 150-160k kgs (but that's just an estimate). That makes the "faster in a strait line but slower to turn" thing make sense. The Connie has a really light and slender neck. I can see how it would be quicker to turn. With 2 (possibly 3) decks in the 600i, it's probably true that it's quite light for its size. My biggest complaint is the lack of passenger travel. Maybe they intend the captains stateroom to be for that purpose, if the captain is willing to take a crew birth? Idk. How did they handle that with the Phoenix? Maybe that will shed some light? Was the back half of the Phoenix considered the captain's state room, or a passenger area in the promotion material?
Posted Sep 4, 17 · Last edited Sep 4, 17
Chief Pilot
LEVEL 4
The concept art refers to it as private quarters, the brochure art refers to it as a captains cabin/master suite... that's petty much the same as the 600 now that you bring it up. I got it for exploring/sightseeing safe space in luxury, so those mechanics don't concern me that much, but if I wanted to do v.i.p. transport in the future it'd be a great ship for it. It's too early jump the gun though about it, it's so early in concept... the Q&A just dampened my hype for it a bit.
Posted Sep 4, 17
Chief Pilot
LEVEL 4
I'm not the most transit minded person, but I still think one could use the explore module for a type of tour service. Automate the turrets, focus scanner ability for range instead of detail to detect vessels(speculative), use the two "crew" berths for paying customers. Maybe have two transit people and someone from security to take them to visit different points of interest in the verse that are off the beaten path.
Posted Sep 4, 17
[CP] Gazoo SECURITY
Chief Pilot
LEVEL 8
Gotta love the pit.. I think the bridge will be the place to be to have the nicest view in this thing. Should be a dream to fly.

GQL5OfH.jpg
Posted Sep 4, 17 · Last edited Sep 4, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Page
of 2

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (1)
Latest users
[NoTags] Briech
joined Dec 3, 17
[NoTags] Meen
joined Dec 3, 17
[TEC] Chance Buckman
joined Nov 27, 17
Today: 16 Unique Hits: 58,861
Website Group Pay
Career Interest Poll