Community Forums

Resignation

9 replies
Contractor
LEVEL 8
To those interested:

After careful consideration, I have decided to resign from my position in IGAIR of the security Operations Officer. This org has been my home for over 2 years so this was not an easy decision. I leave Delta_Charlie with the position of Operations Officer for security, a valued member of IGAIR who has been here since the beginning. I have followed this game since the kickstarter days and know it will be something special, and am in no way leaving the star citizen community.

It is my personal opinion that IGAIR needs refocus on being a passenger transit organization, and be less concerned with things like security and mining, and trying to recruit as many members as possible. The SC community is littered with jack of all trade orgs, spend 15 minutes in recruitment chat and you will see 10 recruiters offering "security, exploration, mining, transport, infiltration, etc." IGAIR can absolutely DOMINATE the transit aspect of this game and community, but needs to focus on it rather than have huge departments that say can do every job. As much as one can love an online gaming community, I can say I do about IGAIR. But because of that, I need to let it go since I just don't feel like maintaining a massive security force is something that will be beneficial for this org in the long run. Of course there needs to be some representation, but again its just my personal opinion that we went too far with it and are in fact not a PMC org.

You will find me at the Citizen's Coffee Company, an org I co-founded earlier this year. The CCC is a network of lawful organizations, where the owners and officers of close to 200 groups are affiliated and planning to cooperate with each other by sharing contracts with other groups whom specialize in fields they don't personally partake in. The OO's of IGAIR are all represented there, and will be able to post/take contracts from other organizations in the game, I've already had some asking for special org events on Starliners and 890s so there is plenty of interest in IGAIR there already. As a company the CCC offers a SAR service for any stranded affiliated organization, so don't be afraid to reach out and holler for a pickup.

I am always available on discord, feel free to contact me at Marshal Quinn #8642 or follow me on RSI:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/MarshalQuinn

*Throws the keys to the Prometheus at Delta_Charlie*.
Former IGAIR OO of Security.
Posted Dec 12, 17 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[OO] Delta_Charlie SECURITYSECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
Fair Winds and following Seas. You Are Relieved, I have the watch.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
-Sun Tzu
Posted Dec 12, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Contractor
LEVEL 5
Quinn I hate to see you go and agree with you. Going to miss you in the org my friend.
Emeritus Director
Posted Dec 12, 17 · Last edited Dec 13, 17
Manager
LEVEL 8
Hello, Marshall, thank you for your kind and open minded words. My personal hope is that they will be heard and considered in upper management positions, since there is plenty of truth in it.

Anyway, I wish you always blue skies and safe journeys in the Verse.

Kind regards
Nick
Okay, let us go... Oh wait, I have quite an interesting electromagnetic signature here on the scanners. It would be worth to be checked out.
Posted Dec 13, 17
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[OO] Dane Time LOGISTICS
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
o7 Been a pleasure Sir.
nFsQQPh.jpg
Posted Dec 13, 17
Contractor
LEVEL 4
hate to see you leave, but i have always agreed with your points. Like minded... Take care.
1JTf2DM.jpg
Posted Dec 13, 17
Technician
LEVEL 1
But new members are useful ;) All the best Marshal!
Posted Dec 20, 17
Manager
LEVEL 8
In Fact, new members are quite good, as long as they continue to stay in a Organization.

But as everything in life, there are pros and cons. An Org has nothing from new members, if none of them stays longer than three month.
Okay, let us go... Oh wait, I have quite an interesting electromagnetic signature here on the scanners. It would be worth to be checked out.
Posted Dec 21, 17
Second Officer
LEVEL 3
I see the truth. We need more women and men. And if I may speak my mind: more from europe.

I thank you for what you've done for Igair. Wish you all the best!!!
nFsQQPh.jpg
Posted Dec 22, 17
Manager
LEVEL 8
Yavik... Out on a trip tomorrow evening, may be around 6 pm UST
? I could offer my Aquila for cruising.
Posted Dec 22, 17

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] rdrobie
joined Thu at 4:53
[NoTags] TheOman
joined Jan 5, 18
[NoTags] shawnsop
joined Jan 5, 18
Today: 16 Unique Hits: 60,791
Website Group Pay