Community Forums

So, I'm back to making calculators again...

7 replies
Director
LEVEL 13
Looking into making a unified calculator for IGAIR profit/loss studies, etc. Should be an interesting thing to try with the "new" cargo transport opportunities in the PU.

If some people can find some buy/sell ranges for stations, I can make a form that you guys can enter them into... Then, using the power of BIG DATA!(tm), we can extract trends and such out of it.... Basically, it should be able to calculate if you should transport X to Y, and even when you should do it. Later on we can expand it even further to take on all the potential lines of revenue, helping everyone make the most out of their playtime (and also hopefully keeping gameplay unique and interesting for all of you.)

My plan:
I'll start it off as a spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet will have a form entry where you put the station / location you found it at (You'll enter text and it'll guess the nearest match, or it'll be a really big drop-down list), the cargo name / type, and the buy and sell price at the station.

I'll also include a calculator that'll determine Captain's and Crew's cut of the sales (for now...), for after you do a (series of) trade run(s). Later on maybe it could be adjusted to the actual IGAIR pay model I made back when I was a director... It's probably lost somewhere in all these threads. I'm certain I still have it.

The end goal:
Have a tool that makes you a master of earning UEC, both with friends and on your own that is fair to everyone and doesn't turn things into a grindfest.

If you have any comments / want to help out, let me know in this thread.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- Commanding Officer of the Prometheus
- IGAIR Academy Dean
- Chief (Business and Threat) Intelligence Officer. (CIO)
Posted Feb 19, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
You can fill out buy/sell prices here: https://goo.gl/forms/zsAaKMei75ehG9ov1
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Feb 19, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
On second thought, I am going to use the form to collect data... Output it into a CSV file... Then make a little applet for us to use. This application is a bit beyond a spreadsheet. I'll still make the basics available through the spreadsheet, but anything complicated I'll use an actual programming language to write. X_X.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Feb 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 19, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Manager
LEVEL 4
I have been working on a trade profit and expenses sheet that will give us info on things that we will need to see about trade deals such as profit, crew salaries, IGAIR cut, commision, fuel, repair, ext. this will help trade as well as most people in logistics be able to get the info they need quick and easy.
Posted Feb 21, 18
Director
LEVEL 13
I have been working on a trade profit and expenses sheet that will give us info on things that we will need to see about trade deals such as profit, crew salaries, IGAIR cut, commision, fuel, repair, ext. this will help trade as well as most people in logistics be able to get the info they need quick and easy.
I swear I had a few spreadsheets that did that in the past... I'll see if I can't get the links to you.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Feb 21, 18 · OP
Manager
LEVEL 4
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVKtxlp2rRgKNyngcsWXi6Z32P_mIHZZN3NNMPKJEBI/edit#gid=0
this is my sheet. simple easy to read get all the info to people and adds everything up without people being able to mess with the doc. expenses are examples to show what you can have as them.
Posted Feb 21, 18 · Last edited Feb 21, 18
Manager
LEVEL 4
yes even though we might use round robin I am also looking for people that will be crew for longer as well as people that team up, dane and I have been talking about this for awhile now him and I both agree that it is about the people and getting them what they need to make money so the org. benefits. this also gives them something to see when they are doing trade deals and need to see the bigger picture like "how much is this costing me" and "I am really spending that much on things". also biggest thing will be commissions due to this would give people and incentive to trade more so they can make more money.
Posted Feb 21, 18
Director
LEVEL 13
That's similar to what I had about 7-8 months ago. I managed to drag it back up, but I'm wanting to make it better than I did before. I'll be sure to implement some of the specific concerns and features you guys want addressed so that we are all able to use it!
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Feb 22, 18 · OP

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] Silverwolf
joined Tue at 15:53
[TEC] Fraser LOGISTICS
joined Apr 30, 18
[TEC] Jaeger LOGISTICS
joined Mar 31, 18
Today: 6 Unique Hits: 70,525
Website Group Pay