Community Forums

Ideas for new bylaws for the Capital Ship Roundtable Commitee

6 replies
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
This is an open request for ideas for bylaws to be added to this round table, which we may then vote on, once we have enough people to actually have a vote that matters.
Posted Feb 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 26, 18
[OO] Dane Time LOGISTICS
Ops Officer
LEVEL 5
A bylaw stating along the lines of: Any damage done to a members capital ship while in the use of IGAIR, whether on duty or at dock. Shall be fully repaired to owners standard.
Also any wear and tear due to use by IGAIR, the owner will be guarantee repairs to maintain ship to acceptable standards or will receive compensation.
nFsQQPh.jpg
Posted Feb 26, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
Thats a good one, Dane. I'll bring it up to the committee.
Posted Feb 26, 18 · OP
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
Some bylaws-
Owners are approved, not ships, though ship type is taken into consideration as to how and when we will use it, if at all. This is in keeping with the original intention of the capital ship RT. Some how I think this is an important facet to remember.

^I mean this is both true and false and needs to be reworded somehow, with keeping the emphasis on members being approved, whilst also taking in consideration the ship type.

You are allowed to be the captain, or any other crew station, on your own capital ship, or a capital ship, so long as we have enough uncaptained ships to go around to those who don't own one.
addendum to the above bylaw: We'd like it if IGAIR employees who desired a specefic role on a capital ship where allowed to do that role, with some reservations of course, depending on the role and that persons merit. However we strive to be fair and to achieve equality.
addendum #2 to the above bylaw: At this point it is mostly agreed to organize crewing these ships into crew pools. Mostly because it doesn't make a lot of sense to permanently assign people to individual ships, because that could lead to all kinds of problems, such as an important crew member not being online, and the ship being out of action. As such, though you are allowed, as an owner to captain your own ship, it is favored, that you join a pool of crew members, for that specefic role. This will be fleshed out at some point (EG: captain pool), and we will strive to make individual owners happy.

Ideas on how to improve this

Another important point to bring up is...What do we do if a committee member owns a capital ship. I own one, and head the table, so does that preclude me from voting? What about if one of the other committee members owned one?
Posted Feb 26, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 26, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
I have a new idea for a bylaw, staff of the committee should be able to vote, and I don't mean this just for myself, but also Murray is another consideration, and future liaison appointees. It's supposed to be every owner has a vote without exception.
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[MGR] D.Ryan SUPPORT
Manager
LEVEL 4
you should ONLY be able to captain etc IF you have the necessary training/licence. (theirs so many captains but how many can actually fly to a IGAIR standard) you wouldnt hop in a boing 747 and automatically be a good pilot you NEED training. yes you may be an amazing pilot in a avenger but a cap ship is going to be heavy and slow turning and a hell of a lot of work to run a crew smoothly.

you should have to get permission from the owner AND a higher ranking officer before taking out a ship ( its someone else insurance and ship and possible cargo/ammo/modules on the line)
Posted Mar 29, 18 · Last edited Mar 29, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
It depends on which way we go, Nick is leaning towards letting owners keep there ships in there posession when making them an official IGAIR ship. It used to be that IGAIR would store and hold them. IGAIR still has plans for otufitting, supplying, and giving insurance to employees capital ships though, so thats moot. Permission from a higher ranking officer for deployment comes from the roundtable or the security ops officer because capital ships are an asset of security, except in a few specefic cases, such as the talked about Logistics Idris, but that doesnt mean the logistrics idris falls outside of the scope of this roundtable.

Permission from the owner is going to be less of permission and more of a demand, and needs more discussion. If you want your ship to be an official IGAIR ship.

I think for captains, there is going to be a rotation of them, and they will have to be trained.

I do agree on two points.
-Seek permission of Ops officer/RT before deployment if it's an active vessel in the fleet - indeed that's already in the mission statement of the roundtable, but it should probably be a bylaw.
.-Trained Captains
Posted Mar 30, 18 · OP

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] Silverwolf
joined Tue at 15:53
[TEC] Fraser LOGISTICS
joined Apr 30, 18
[TEC] Jaeger LOGISTICS
joined Mar 31, 18
Today: 6 Unique Hits: 70,525
Website Group Pay