Bylaws for the Capital Ship Round Table and Committee

5 replies
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
approved bylaws

rejected bylaws

bylaws pending approval:
1..A bylaw stating along the lines of: Any damage done to a members capital ship while in the use of IGAIR, whether on duty or at dock. Shall be fully repaired to owners standard.
Also any wear and tear due to use by IGAIR, the owner will be guarantee repairs to maintain ship to acceptable standards or will receive compensation. -Danetime -See active/reserve fleet.
2.+Inspection +Inspection fee +account for wear and tear +topic needs further debate and discussion.
3. Committee members vote
4. Seek permission of Ops officer/RT before deployment if it's an active vessel in the fleet - indeed that's already in the mission statement of the roundtable, but it should probably be a bylaw.
.5. Trained Captains

suggested bylaws
Some bylaws-
1. Owners are approved, not ships, though ship type is taken into consideration as to how and when we will use it, if at all. This is in keeping with the original intention of the capital ship RT. Some how I think this is an important facet to remember.
2. You are allowed to be the captain, or any other crew station, on your own capital ship, or a capital ship, so long as we have enough uncaptained ships to go around to those who don't own one.
addendum to the above bylaw: We'd like it if IGAIR employees who desired a specefic role on a capital ship where allowed to do that role, with some reservations of course, depending on the role and that persons merit. However we strive to be fair and to achieve equality.
addendum #2 to the above bylaw: At this point it is mostly agreed to organize crewing these ships into crew pools. Mostly because it doesn't make a lot of sense to permanently assign people to individual ships, because that could lead to all kinds of problems, such as an important crew member not being online, and the ship being out of action. As such, though you are allowed, as an owner to captain your own ship, it is favored, that you join a pool of crew members, for that specefic role. This will be fleshed out at some point (EG: captain pool), and we will strive to make individual owners happy.
Posted Feb 26, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 30, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
The damage portion of this should be already a thing as part of the active/reserve fleet implementation... Which is already in effect. I don't feel this need any additional language on it aside from "see active/reserve fleet" information. Which probably needs to be rewritten and updated, which is an action item for me.

How would you quantify "Wear and Tear"? To be honest, it's kinda biased against IGAIR if we consider that a metric for repair, given that components may be "well-worn" well before we receive them. It gives people the ability to practically receive free materials and upgrades, courtesy of IGAIR. We already have a program for that, which is where we sell parts off of refurbished corporate ships - it's not free, but it's at a significant discount. Given that IGAIR has a policy of using top-quality parts from the get-go, it doesn't make sense to double-dip that pool.

That saying, I do believe we should be responsible custodians of people's ships... We just need to be able to quantify what wear and tear is, and what is effectively quantifiable for it. If it can't be quantified (or is simply infeasible / easy to make fraudulent claims on), then I imagine we should simply wrap it into the clause for refurbishment ala active/reserve fleet.

EDIT: Refurbishment clause for active/reserve is.. "If the ship passes/sustains a certain threshold of damage in normal use / in a combat situation, we will refurbish the ship and replace all components with identical versions at 100% durability" or similar. Covers negligent action and OPFOR actors equally.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- Commanding Officer of the Prometheus
- IGAIR Academy Dean
- Chief (Business and Threat) Intelligence Officer. (CIO)
Posted Mar 5, 18 · Last edited Mar 5, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
I'll add see active/reserve fleet, but lets keep it just in case.
Posted Mar 5, 18 · OP
Director
LEVEL 13
That completely doesn't address the second paragraph of my reply... Feels almost as if you skimmed through.

How would you quantify "Wear and Tear"? To be honest, it's kinda biased against IGAIR if we consider that a metric for repair, given that components may be "well-worn" well before we receive them. It gives people the ability to practically receive free materials and upgrades, courtesy of IGAIR. We already have a program for that, which is where we sell parts off of refurbished corporate ships - it's not free, but it's at a significant discount. Given that IGAIR has a policy of using top-quality parts from the get-go, it doesn't make sense to double-dip that pool.

I'm not against replacing things where necessary (see the 3rd paragraph), where it clearly is due to IGAIR's use of the ship that caused the damage... But wear and tear is far too broad. I haven't seen any insurance or replacement plan that covers damage that "could" or "might be" attributed to our use.

Let me reiterate, though... Ships that have been used a lot in sequence by IGAIR definitely would get a complete refurb before being returned to the owner. But it's really hard to prove that the majority of wear and tear on a ship that isn't in strict IGAIR control is caused by IGAIR.

Notice that I am not saying that it wasn't caused by IGAIR. But a majority of the time it probably won't be IGAIR's fault for the wear and tear. It'll be the owner using it for his own purposes.

An extreme case, but an Idris owner is more than welcome to fly his ship skeleton crew and completely trash the components inside because of it. The issue occurs when the onus falls upon IGAIR to replace the components because he put them on their last legs before handing it over for us to use.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- Commanding Officer of the Prometheus
- IGAIR Academy Dean
- Chief (Business and Threat) Intelligence Officer. (CIO)
Posted Mar 5, 18 · Last edited Mar 5, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
There would probably have to be an inspection process. Its just a general idea for now, it can be changed in the future. I don't have all the ideas right now, but there is enough time to figure it out before launch. I see the opportunity for abuse and we will work to remedy that. Maybe we should even charge a fee to pull capital ships out of the active fleet due to the cost of an inspection. To that end maybe that is an additional assignment logistics could handle, capital ship inspections.
Posted Mar 5, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 5, 18
Manager
LEVEL 4
for capital ship inspections, yea we can draft something out so that we can have a better understanding of that sort of thing. I will keep it just to inspections thought,( what they need to look for) that sort of thing. I will see what I can come up with and who might be able to fill that role if that might be a role in the future.
Posted Mar 7, 18

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] Silverwolf
joined Tue at 15:53
[TEC] Fraser LOGISTICS
joined Apr 30, 18
[TEC] Jaeger LOGISTICS
joined Mar 31, 18
Today: 6 Unique Hits: 70,525
Website Group Pay