Community Forums

Opinion Poll: Utilization of Spectrum as the primary forum system for IGAIR

7 replies
Director
LEVEL 13
This thread is intended to inspire conversation and deliberation, and while the results of the poll in this thread may influence future activities, it will not be the sole determining factor.

Should we move to Spectrum for our forums and other information?
Star Citizen has recently built Spectrum for organizations to use, yet we know it is feature incomplete and not necessarily as granular as we would want it to be. However, it is the best way to meet with Star Citizen players to play, well, Star Citizen. For that reason alone it may be a good idea to attempt it.

HOWEVER, our original site (here), is well established and allows very granular control over the content and information presented on it. We are not reliant on the apparatus provided to us in an in-development platform, as we can simply implement any features we need ourselves. it's worth noting though that we have much less engagement on this platform than we do on Spectrum. However, given the previous points it might be a good idea to stick with this platform.

OR, we could go an entirely new direction and potentially integrate our forums into the ISS system. The website would be an entirely custom-made solution for our needs, including ship/cargo tracking and other things... Implementing a social network portion could arguably be a simple matter compared to the work that is currently underway on the system.

Where do you sit on this issue? Please vote in the poll, and please give us your opinion on the matter! This will greatly help us in future determine what we need to do to make the organization better than it ever has been.
Stay with our website
0 votes
0%
Use spectrum
2 votes
40%
Implement a new forums platform (ex. IGAIR ISS)
3 votes
60%
Number of voters: 5
Posted Feb 27, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Can the public see another Org's Spectrum Forum yet? If not, this would make me say keep the website forum. Before joining an Org, some people like to check an Org's activity levels by jumping on their forum/website and seeing what they can see.. It would be nice if they could see something..

Spectrum does not see more engagement at all, and we have a hard enough time getting all of our members to even register here, although I'm sure if you severed one limb, the active users of the forum would use the other.

I'd vote stay with our website or implement new forums... Whichever is cheaper.
Posted Feb 27, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
Thanks for your input. I'd agree that Spectrum doesn't really have any additional engagement, but perhaps it could be easier to get people engaged? Regardless, I also feel that staying with this platform or making a new site implementation could be advantageous.

I'd like to see more input on this! It's a good discussion that needs to be had sooner rather than later.
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- Commanding Officer of the Prometheus
- IGAIR Academy Dean
- Chief (Business and Threat) Intelligence Officer. (CIO)
Posted Feb 27, 18 · OP
Manager
LEVEL 4
I really think we should go to ISS site, it will be a much more custom fell to the org, as well as make it fell a lot more professional. although it will take a long time to get lots of the things that we have on the website now like tags and such to the ISS website we can at least have some privacy from the rest of enjin forums. this is also a good thing because when new people join the org as a technician or contractor we will have a lot better control over how they join and what happens to them. with spectrum it seems more like a chat and socializing place more than a platform for the orgs posts and logs. enjin seems very generic and we need something that is more personal to what we do and what we want. I don't think that enjin can do that or that we want enjin to do that. I do think social media is a great way to get people in this org even though I don't use any of that stuff I am all for it. yes enjin is used for gaming communities and yes it is easy to manage and make but for something like what we are doing we need something more than just a gaming community site. this is a org that has hundreds of people that is a game that really makes people think more like real life. could we update the website? yes we can, but even if we do that we are back at square one. we need a permanent solution, not a temporary one. I think we would have a lot of ideas for the new website and how we want to have lots of things but with enjin we are stuck with a block system and not a organic system. those are my thoughts on what we should do and how we can move forward.
Posted Feb 27, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
Good points from everyone, would love to see more input on this!
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Feb 28, 18 · OP
Manager
LEVEL 8
To be true, I like both approaches. May be it would be possible to handle it the following way.

1. Using the Spectrum Forum for Communication with non-members, contractors and applicants for membership.
2. Using Enjin for in-company Information like SOPs, checklists, organization handbooks and so on. (I mean, we all know, how thinks work in life. Some guys does the work and other organization clap with their hand and copy happily with copy and paste.)

What I guess would be a good idea is to give the our Spectrum Forum increased activity. Imagine you would be somebody interested in the airline and you would hopp into our forum, imagine you would see posts mostly from 2017, would you believe that our airline would be an active place?I would be at least reluctant to join the fleet due to lack in activity.

Just my tiny few ideas ... :-)
Posted Feb 28, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
The main problem being that anyone not in IGAIR can't see IGAIR's Spectrum.
Posted Feb 28, 18
Director
LEVEL 13
Speaking of the ISS, which I know a lot of you guys have been mentioning with interest... I'll be posting some new design docs and whiteboards of that this weekend. Stay tuned for that - otherwise keep up the excellent discussion!
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- IGAIR Academy Dean
Posted Mar 2, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] Silverwolf
joined Tue at 15:53
[TEC] Fraser LOGISTICS
joined Apr 30, 18
[TEC] Jaeger LOGISTICS
joined Mar 31, 18
Today: 6 Unique Hits: 70,525
Website Group Pay