Community Forums
Page
of 4

IGAIR Getting Members Ideas

39 replies
Manager
LEVEL 4
This post is to allow people to come up with ideas on how we can get member. We would like to see what we can do better, so that we can get more active members. We have come up with a few ideas already in the meeting on saturday and we would like to hear more. NO IDEA IS BAD. When we come up with some more solid ideas on getting members I will compile them together to form a plan. after which we will divide all jobs from the plan up so people who would like to do that job, as well as handle the task, will be able to be in charge of that job. we would like these ideas soon and we would like to get the ball rolling so that we can get lots done.

Ideas that we have come up with so far. (not going into detail of each one [saving that for the comments]) If I have missed any just put it in the comments
1. IGAIR YouTube Channel
2. More moderators to handle new members
3. Letting managers give people tags
4. Different games that IGAIR will have
5. Streamers (like twitch)
6. Updating the Steam group

If there is anything that you would like to add to this list or give some more detail to this list please do so and please explain in detail you ideas as well as what you would like to see. This is very important for this org. and we would like to see this org grow not just in numbers we have, but also people that are willing to participate in this org.

Hope to see lots of comments.
Posted Apr 28, 18 · OP
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Director
LEVEL 13
I'm on my LoA at the moment, so I won't be very helpful - however, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! :)
Jonathan Fort,

Old Titles in IGAIR:
- Commanding Officer of the Prometheus
- IGAIR Academy Dean
- Chief (Business and Threat) Intelligence Officer. (CIO)
Posted Apr 28, 18 · Last edited May 15, 18
Sometimes the truth hurts.. don't hate me because I speak it.

Greeting new members at the RSI site. - This is more effective than you think. New players introduce themselves at RSI every day. The "noobs" see the people greeting them and in turn, click that player's profile and eventually see what Org that player comes from. Even the signature advertises the Org.
Currently we have some of our members just sitting in our Teamspeak recruiting channel.. ...waiting... waiting... This time could be put to better uses.

Less talk, more action. Example... -We have a group of Flight Instructor volunteers. I've tried to get at least one pilot out of the group to load up the game with me, go land at three different locations successfully, so that we can theoretically call ourselves "certified flight instructors". It would take about thirty minutes and I can't find one volunteer. I have since removed my Flight Instructor tag in protest that the rest of the volunteers simply want another tag beside their name. I suggest all Flight Instructors have their removed until there is actual "proof af participation ". This may get people actively flying to EARN a tag.

To further the "less talk more action" topic... (Kinda blunt but I don't care anymore). -I have asked our Security OO to have a glance at the Security Sop that I am drafting, because he said it needed to be rewritten. It has been over a month and I haven't got one comment, suggestion or a word of criticism. Not even an "I'm too busy". In saying this.. Our OO's and directors and anyone else that holds a position should act the part and set an example and not just sit on their hands.

Players need to join comms when flying... We need to start acting as a group.. I see people that are typing in Discord as their way of communication in the Verse ...and they have mic's. ?!?!? wtf IS with that? Other times, you can see players in SC (through discord),?but not flying together..

We want to recruit but don't want to do anything else once we have the new recruits.. Something doesn't add up.

Oh! Can we please stop hiring contractors until our member to contractor ratio is more reasonable?

Just my 200UEC
Posted Apr 29, 18 · Last edited Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
ill raise you 500UEC

Yes we need some people to actually keep up to date with the Steam group I asked are we going to have another group to keep it updated and all I got back was we already have one NO conversation nothing lol,RSI Org Page, Enjin AND Spectrum I'm getting fed up of people saying were not using spectrum or theres not a lot of people who use it but ermmm forgive me if I'm wrong but "THATS THE PRIMARY SITE FOR ALL THINGS STAR CITIZEN" IF THERES NEW PLAYERS THATS WERE THERE GOING TO GO end of, we need some dedicated recruiters who have power to give TAGS like our managers I mean it is in a managers description to give interviews ect so I don't just meen lets make our OO's and CO's recruiters because that's counter productive. because at the moment apparently its better to have more contractors lol "yeah because that's professional".

Moderation---- we need more moderators I have been here 3 years I have always been active and ALWAYS been out spoken yet people like me apparently cant be trusted with the role,heres a thing you didn't know me and phoenix about 2 years ago had a discussion about me being a moderator for the uk as I'm 6 hours ahead of most people so while school kids was still at school I would be here keeping things in order.....but people didn't like that and that quickly got squashed because I wasn't known enough YET in my 3 years I have seen members with hardly any posts and was hardly ever active become moderators, yeah that makes sence lol....
my point is there is few of us who are willing to help and put in a fair few hours to make this a better Org but we get overlooked I could easily go and put up a up to date Steam group but I'm betting that would quickly get shut down..

We need to stop hiring contractors "period" we need to get some ACTUAL real life members first before we worry about being second to other Orgs.

Gazoo you might aswell be Security's OO your the only one who actually bothers and I'm on every day to see if theres a flight session but seems our own leaders don't even want to hop on.

people that actually recruit can get them but what's the point if the people we recruit have to wait.

I think that's everything I didn't mean for it to turn into a rant guys I just don't see ANYTHING being done.
Posted Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
ohhhh one more thing I see a hell of a lot of chief pilots ect sooooo who and when did they get a licence within IGAIR
Posted Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
First Officer
LEVEL 4
How about Citizencon? I know it's a way away yet, but if some people live fairly nearby and are planning to go (or even if you don't live nearby but are planning to go), maybe they could represent us there.
My Star Citizen profile
My Star Citizen videos
Posted Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
How about Citizencon? I know it's a way away yet, but if some people live fairly nearby and are planning to go (or even if you don't live nearby but are planning to go), maybe they could represent us there.
that's a good idea Fox maybe if someone can take a camera or two as well and post them on our site along with the latest patch notes or something
Posted Apr 29, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
ill raise you 500UEC

Yes we need some people to actually keep up to date with the Steam group I asked are we going to have another group to keep it updated and all I got back was we already have one NO conversation nothing lol,RSI Org Page, Enjin AND Spectrum I'm getting fed up of people saying were not using spectrum or theres not a lot of people who use it but ermmm forgive me if I'm wrong but "THATS THE PRIMARY SITE FOR ALL THINGS STAR CITIZEN" IF THERES NEW PLAYERS THATS WERE THERE GOING TO GO end of, we need some dedicated recruiters who have power to give TAGS like our managers I mean it is in a managers description to give interviews ect so I don't just meen lets make our OO's and CO's recruiters because that's counter productive. because at the moment apparently its better to have more contractors lol "yeah because that's professional".

Moderation---- we need more moderators I have been here 3 years I have always been active and ALWAYS been out spoken yet people like me apparently cant be trusted with the role,heres a thing you didn't know me and phoenix about 2 years ago had a discussion about me being a moderator for the uk as I'm 6 hours ahead of most people so while school kids was still at school I would be here keeping things in order.....but people didn't like that and that quickly got squashed because I wasn't known enough YET in my 3 years I have seen members with hardly any posts and was hardly ever active become moderators, yeah that makes sence lol....
my point is there is few of us who are willing to help and put in a fair few hours to make this a better Org but we get overlooked I could easily go and put up a up to date Steam group but I'm betting that would quickly get shut down..

We need to stop hiring contractors "period" we need to get some ACTUAL real life members first before we worry about being second to other Orgs.

Gazoo you might aswell be Security's OO your the only one who actually bothers and I'm on every day to see if theres a flight session but seems our own leaders don't even want to hop on.

people that actually recruit can get them but what's the point if the people we recruit have to wait.

I think that's everything I didn't mean for it to turn into a rant guys I just don't see ANYTHING being done.

Be patient, I haven't had an opportunity to speak with Nick about it for your role as CAPRT asst Secretary. Because I haven't encountered him on TS and it's hard to get him to read Discord messages.

As far as allowing mods to give people tags, they can.

I would support having more mods, however we do have quite a few as it is, just pointing that out. 11 actually, 13 if you count Jon and Viper when I can eventually get Nick to give him his tags http://www.intergalacticairlines.com/moderators .

As far as OO of sec goes, the fact is, choosing a new OO was based solely on veterancy. Just stating the facts of how the last one was picked.

As far as Security in general, neither me nor Gazoo are willing to fulfill our obligations without additional staff, he tried, and did a good job, I tried, The fact is, we need a full staff, as it is we have just me and him working on SOP stuff, I won't even bother without some more staff, it's not how it's supposed to work. We are supposed to have about five managers, and an OO ALL contributing to SOPs. There just isn't any inspiration to do it. Gazoo tried really hard, but is put off by the lack of interest, or lack of support, he wrote a whole huge SOP, but with no OO to confirm anything or help resolve issues, you can only get so far, and without additional brains to bounce ideas off of I can only support so much. Two people are not supposed to run a department by themselves. This is actually a common SEC department problem, the last staff we had even under Quinn wasn't very effective, and alot of the work tended to devolve onto only a few people, which is probably why he left.

I would support Gazoo as OO. I'd like to mention a few things about that though, no one is required to actually play the game right now, because it's not out, indeed as it is, we are simply beta testing a game, while I would enjoy beta testing, it doesn't even run on the machine I'm using right now without crashing either. I have to fix the machine that will actually play the game. When I am able to, when I have time, I will play, at my speed.I just can't do it right now. It's not like I won't, I'm literally incapable of playing for several reasons right now, and alot of it is stuff that is not within my capacity to fix ATM. I don't understand why people get singled out when they run into technical or real life issues that preclude them from playing. Who cares how many tags I have? Why does that matter? Is taking away my flight instructor tag going to accomplish anything? No. I am not the cause of the lack of activity, and should not be treated as such. I do participate, I do do things, I do not simply get online and never say anything, so in that respect, I am doing alot more then some people.My flight instructor tag is not the cause of all of the ills in this org, the lack of activity, etc. just get over it, and find something else to focus your frustration on, then my stupid graphic under my name, which I did earn for ingame activity, at one point, perhaps at a time when you yourself where not that active. Not everyone can play consistently all the time. It's just a fact of life that when you're able to play, maybe someone else can't, that's just how it is.

Gazoo, If you want to be SECS OO, I'm down with that, but I will say; I wan't to work with someone that wants to actually accomplish and get stuff done, but I don't want to work with someone that will make it to where I don't want to log in.

What we really need though is someone to pick up Phoenix's role, as in go and hunt for people,. whether in other orgs, or elsewhere, say steam. The fact is, no one really does that, like he did.
Posted Apr 29, 18 · Last edited Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
its not about mods giving tags nizari its about managers being able to as it stands it seems the only things managers can do is SOPS and that isn't what only comes with being a manager.
and we NEED active mods one or two active mods isn't going to cut it unfortunately yes we have 12 but how many are active one popping up every month or so isn't active its lazy.i will say it again we need ALL time zones covered.
and I get that about OO veterancy but if the OO of security and any others who aren't active cant be bothered to show then a new one surely has to be appointed.

and as for taking to recruitment like phoenix done I have stated time and time again I will be a dedicated recruiter but I'm not going to be one if I cant give tags or permissions so then the people I have recruited have to wait a week or two to become a member because there just going to look elsewhere
Posted Apr 29, 18
upvote! +1
List
Undo
Manager
LEVEL 4
I am not going to get into this. but we need to get back on track, we need to find solutions not problems just reread what I posted and try to re write what you guys were saying so that we can work together to find solutions.
Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
Page
of 4

Intergalactic Airlinesâ„  is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[NoTags] The1Domo
joined Nov 3, 18
[FO] FoX TRANSIT
joined Oct 26, 18
[NoTags] [NORAV]MrWinters
joined Sep 23, 18
Today: 79 Unique Hits: 76,843
Website Group Pay