Community Forums
Page
of 4

IGAIR Getting Members Ideas

39 replies
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
Yeah but Viper can you actually recruit as much as Phoenix, yeah I see what your saying about managers needing tag powers, it should definitely be looked at.

What we need to do is look at where Phoenix got alot of his members, I'm pretty sure he actually did alot of org sniping, if that's what it takes then maybe thats what we need to do. I think this is REALLY important for recruitment, NO ONE can match how he recruited, and that's why our membership is dieing off, we need to figure it out.

Another thing he did was get people introduced into the right role/area for them, this is definitely something we're probably not doing right. I know we're supposed to have this recruitment office on TS but that doesn't do anything if we're not actually recruiting.

I think this is step #1, dissect how Phoenix recruited
Step #2 Recruit how Phoenix recruited, even if it's not exactly above board.
Step #3 integrate people into the org how Phoenix did.

So lets start with step 1. I got a message from Phoenix when I was in Oddysee, asking if I wanted to check out IGAIR, and after some negotiation, I got put in as a 2nd officer in SEC. As such he org sniped me. Thus this is probably where we need to start. We need to actively find smaller orgs, or orgs where we can percieve some sort of issue, and try to see if we can't recruit from them.

The next thing would be to then pass those people off to the correct community within IGAIR, and ensure that those people in that community can effectively cause that new member to become active, rather then have the new member simply go missing. This is also a big issue, and even was a big issue when Phoenix recruited people. I'd say maybe 10% of the people he recruited stayed active. Currently we don't have a figure on this, because we're not recruiting anyone.

Another thing that can be done is trying to recruit from communities outside SC. Like take Life is Feudal for instance, there are a ton of people there you could try to recruit, but it takes initiative to get the conversation going, so lets.

Survey what games everyone plays and collect that data, and find what recruitment opportunities lie within those games.

So make a new announcement, asking people to respond in a post as to what multiplayer games they play, aggregate the data, and find oppertunities for recruitment there.

Tell me how you where recruited if you where recruited by Phoenix? Is my theory on org sniping correct?
Posted Apr 29, 18 · Last edited Apr 29, 18
Manager
LEVEL 4
There are pluses and minuses to org sniping for one what people think when we do it and if we send the wrong message it could not be good. But you talk about the active rate when Phoenix did this and 10% is bad out of 100 people only 10 people would be active. Hat is not a lot of people and we need to make sure that if we want to do this idea that when we get people that they start out as a technician. Also look at all the contractors we are going to be getting rid of all of them and I believe that most of them were there do to Phoenix. I like the idea let’s see what we can work with to see how we can get it to work and the 3 step presses might need to be modified to fit our more current needs we could work with it
Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
First Officer
LEVEL 4
I think Phoenix first approached me a long time ago, in SCRP (Star Citizen Roleplaying). I didn't join right away, I was still making a decision on which main org to join. I can't find the original message anymore, and I don't know if he approached anybody else from SCRP, but so far I seem to be the only SCRP member who's a main member of IGAIR (I know of at least one person who's a contractor so he may well have approached others).
My Star Citizen profile
My Star Citizen videos
Posted Apr 29, 18
Manager
LEVEL 4
Oh and if we have to get things approved by the board we might be held black do to the time it would take
Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
I think we need to go back to basics everyone has been in communities ive been in 9 arma3 mil-sims and 3 life servers.......we have to think about HOW was we recruited and how would we want to be confronted phoenix was one person and even his %10 out of 100 if we had five members who are dedicated we could have 50 and that's just a starting point we need to walk before we can run
Posted Apr 29, 18
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
Oh and if we have to get things approved by the board we might be held black do to the time it would take
it also states in the handbook management have a say NOT just the board
Posted Apr 29, 18
[TEC] Viper SUPPORT
Technician
LEVEL 4
and also we haven't got time to wait for the board
Posted Apr 29, 18
[OO] Nizari SECURITY
Ops Officer
LEVEL 4
This is not something we need permission for, I made a new channel on Discord for the purpose as outlined, run with it. Viper take point and lead this, start forming a troop of people to accomplish this. You guys need to start figuring out what to target, and ways to confront people like you said.
Posted Apr 29, 18
Manager
LEVEL 4
Out of 500 people. Do you see what I am saying we can’t have those 450 people in the org if they won’t do anything. And yes basics are good but there has to be a plan
Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
Manager
LEVEL 4
Even if it states that we can have a say the directors want to handle all things like this and we need to do this to help the org not hurt the org. That is why we need to do this so that we can get people and so that we can get things done
Posted Apr 29, 18 · OP
Page
of 4

Intergalactic Airlines℠ is a registered service mark with the Transport Safety Board (TSB). Networking Your Galaxy® is a registered trademark. Intergalactic Airlines Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix Road, Prime, Terra. For more information, please contact your local IGAIR Service Representative. All rights reserved.

Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
Latest users
[TEC] BirdmanGA SUPPORT
joined Wed at 2:43
[TEC] Ben Reaper TRANSIT
joined Jan 8, 19
Pihls
joined Dec 30, 18
Today: 46 Unique Hits: 82,861
Website Group Pay